Information Security EngineerThe Information Security Engineer position is currently available in the following offices: Washington, D.C.
About the Position
APT is seeking an Information Security Engineer to work in its Washington, DC headquarters office. The employee will work with an experienced management team in a dynamic technology oriented company. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to build a long-term and exciting career in a rapidly growing organization. APT offers a collaborative, high-intensity and high-integrity work environment, competitive salary, health benefits, a 401(k) and more.
What does this mean for you?
The Information Security Engineer is responsible for designing, maintaining, and evolving the Information Security controls in place at APT. Specific responsibilities include:
- Partnership during all phases of system development to ensure that appropriate controls are implemented
- Management and review of security assessments
- Development and revision of technical standards documents
- Coordination of organization wide security initiatives
- Investigation of potential incidents as required
- Collaboration with management and functional leads to assess near and long term security needs
- Various opportunities to grow professionally, expand skill sets and take ownership
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Drive to succeed and desire to advance
- Solid knowledge of information security principals and practices
- 3-5 years of IT experience with at least 2 years in Information Security
- Expertise with security frameworks (ISO, NIST, COBIT, PCI, etc.) and regulatory requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical matters to a non-technical audience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Industry standard security certifications such as Security+, SSCP, CCSP, or CISSP
- Apply online using the APT Application to be considered for the position.
- Provide your resume and cover letter in a PDF form