Intern: Database AnalystThe Intern: Database Analyst position is currently available in the following offices: Washington, D.C.
About the Position
As a Database Analyst at APT, you will help design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes. You will work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies for Big Data. The Database Analyst will support the critical data upon which APT provides enterprise level software and consulting services.
What does this mean for you?
- Collaboration with exceptional peers.
- Committed mentoring and training by an experienced and driven management team.
- A dynamic environment where you will have an impact and make an immediate difference.
- Flexibility to work on many new and challenging projects.
- Creative freedom to innovate with new technologies and to explore a variety of directions.
- An immediate opportunity for increased responsibility, leadership, and professional growth.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Between 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of database technologies, specifically Microsoft SQL Server 2005/08/12
- Knowledge with the ETL process and SSIS
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (.Net, Perl, Python, VB Script), experience with C# is not required but is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good numeracy
- Demonstrated history of success
- Desire to be working with data and helping businesses make better data driven decisions
- Apply online using the APT Application to be considered for the position.
- For current students from US schools where we are on campus, please also apply through your campus careers website.
- Resume, Cover Letter & Undergraduate Transcripts are required.
- Provide undergraduate GPA, SAT/ACT and other scores as applicable on your resume.
- Provide your resume, cover letter and transcript in a PDF format.