Lead Database AnalystThe Lead Database Analyst position is currently available in the following offices: Washington, D.C.
About the Position
Lead Database Analysts are fundamental to the success of our clients; you will be the bridge between raw client data and the APT software. You will be responsible for:
- Designing processes to extract, transform, and load (ETL) terabytes of client data into APT’s analytics platform using SQL and other technologies
- Working across multiple client teams, both internal and external, in order to determine the data requirements and business logic applicable to each client.
- Tackling big data problems across various industries, utilizing your creative thinking skills
What does this mean for you?
- Strategic problem solving with exceptional peers who are also passionate about data
- Creative freedom to innovate with new technologies (such as Microsoft SQL Server & Business Intelligence Tools) and to explore a variety of directions
- Flexibility to work on many new and challenging projects across a diversity of industries
- A dynamic environment where you will have an impact and make an immediate difference
- An immediate opportunity for increased responsibility, leadership, and professional growth
- Committed mentoring and training by an experienced and driven management team
- Collaborate with other APT departments and focus on internal development, during which you will develop new tools and processes that will be used across APT
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Understanding of relational databases and ETL process (preferably Microsoft SQL Server)
- Desire to work with data and help businesses make better data-driven decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with the ETL process, SQL, and SSIS
- Knowledge of at least one scripting/programming language a plus (Powershell, .Net, Perl, Python, VB Script, C#)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated analytical/quantitative skills
- Bachelor’s degree with an established history of academic success
- Apply online using the APT Application to be considered for the position.