Learning & Development ManagerThe Learning and Development Manager position is currently available in the following offices: Washington, D.C.
About the Position
We are currently looking for a Learning & Development Manager for an exciting opportunity to plan, create, and deliver strategic learning and development initiatives for all employee levels across our global offices. The individual will partner with senior leaders to identify learning and development needs and create a comprehensive curriculum focused on building critical skills and core competencies across our staff. The role requires a program design expert who can create a relevant curriculum through various channels (online, video, in-person, etc.) This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to contribute to APT’s greatest asset – our people!
Join a fast growing team
As a Learning & Development Manager, you will:
- Develop and implement a learning & development plan aligned with APT’s business and culture objectives that will increase employee and firm performance
- Partner with business leaders and function heads to identify training needs and trends within the business
- Develop alternative and blended learning methodologies and tools (e-learning, classroom style, 1:1, videos, etc.)
- Proactively use technology, industry best practices, external networking and alternative learning methods to continue to enhance and evolve learning & development initiatives
- Manage training and development expenses to ensure they are within budget
- Coordinate all training logistics including attendee communications, coordination of materials, pre/post training assessments, schedules, etc.
- Develop a formal training assessment and evaluation process to measure success and program effectiveness (ROI, performance improvement, knowledge transfer, etc.) and share with senior leaders
- Explore external training and development vendors to partner on training efforts
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience of experience in the field of learning and development required
- Experience in creating learning & development program to meet learning needs
- Extensive knowledge in the design, development and delivery of learning solutions including e-learning
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, organizational development and project management methodologies and strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong critical thinking and collaborative skills
- Must be an excellent communicator, business partner and able to build credible relationships
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and team oriented environment
- Positive and energetic interpersonal skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills
- A can-do "make it happen" attitude!
- Apply online using the APT Application to be considered for the position.
- Provide your resume and cover letter in a PDF form