The menu is the most direct lever to significantly improve financial returns. Adding or rationalizing menu items, changing menu layout, adding items to a value menu, promoting items on an insert or menu board, and altering bundling strategies can rapidly affect the profitability of a restaurant. The key to optimizing the menu is to rapidly leverage detailed transaction- and guest-level data.
Through rapid analysis of transaction- and guest-level data, APT’s Menu Analyzer software helps restaurants identify items to promote, remove, or improve. Test & Learn™ enables marketing and menu teams to isolate the incremental impact of introducing new menu items, net of halo and cannibalization effects.
Example menu innovation questions addressed by APT’s software suite:
- Which items are found in the most profitable checks?
- What items are known to improve loyalty to the restaurant among first-time guests? Conversely, what items are ordered frequently but do not generate loyalty?
- Which items should we bundle together to generate larger checks?
- Which items should we feature prominently on our menu or menu board?
- What is the true incremental impact of new menu items?
- Which Limited Time Offers (LTOs) should we make permanent menu items?
Watch our featured videos
The Promotional Cone of Uncertainty: Redemption Rate vs. Incrementalityhttp://youtu.be/QLts2OJd4jQ
Common Mistakes in Pricinghttp://youtu.be/0NRQ1KsV7Qo
Competing with Fast Casualhttp://youtu.be/mj374qxVoaI
APT's Software Suitehttp://youtu.be/z-3HewGGuEY
The APT Indexhttp://youtu.be/_68jtCV3u2Q
Effectively Using Customer Datahttp://youtu.be/2rcoM_rnkZY
Using Test & Learn in a Franchised Environmenthttp://youtu.be/Z8mxYDNRjeY
"Panera is laser-focused on providing our customers with outstanding food and an unparalleled experience. APT’s software gives us a better understanding of marketplace dynamics, particularly what out customers want. The executive team and I have been impressed by the valuable insights we have generated with the APT platform, and we look forward to continuing our work with APT to enhance our long-term strategy."
- Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO