Test & Learn for Employees Overview
APT’s Test & Learn for Employees software is the most advanced application for measuring and optimizing the impact of employee initiatives on financial performance. The software determines how any differential action impacts employee metrics, generates recommendations for improving the effectiveness of each initiative, and identifies the profile of employees who respond best to that action.
Test & Learn for Employees enables organizations to answer key questions about the impact of key staff initiatives, including:
- Recruiting: How can we improve hiring strategies by understanding which employee characteristics predict success? How do success factors vary by role?
- Training: What is the incremental impact of a training program? Which employees respond best?
- Compensation/Incentives: How can compensation and incentives be modified to improve employee effectiveness, tenure, and customer satisfaction? Which incentives work to improve performance and which just add cost?
- Technology: Do technology investments (e.g., iPads) improve employee performance? Which employees benefit most?
- Labor Allocation: What is the optimal mix of employees for a given location/call center?
- Sales Tactics: How does changing the mix of outreach tactics (e.g. in-person meetings) affect sales per employee? What message should each rep use for each customer-facing communication?
- Advanced Analytics: Test & Learn for Employees utilizes APT’s proprietary algorithms to match test employees to control employees based on prior financial performance and characteristics; this methodology ensures a clear, reliable, and standardized test interpretation and accurate modeling for rollout of each initiative.
- Speed: Complex calculations on massive data sets are completed in seconds across employees, metrics, products, timeframes, etc. When executing analysis, no time is required to pull data.
- Consistent Analytical Approach: Every analysis uses a consistent methodology to ensure “one version of the truth.”
- Robust Test Design Capabilities: The software guides the user through the entire test design process to ensure a statistically significant read while minimizing risk.
- User Experience: Test & Learn for Employees features an intuitive and highly visual user experience to allow for easy interpretation, communication, and execution of analysis results.
- Initial data loading is complete four weeks from data delivery; from there, data is automatically loaded on a daily or weekly basis
- After initial data load, Test & Learn for Employees is easily used through APT’s software that is accessible online with a secure login from any device
- APT provides high-touch support to all software users – besides initial training, your team will have a dedicated client team to help with any software or analytical questions. Our consultants are highly experienced in institutionalizing a Test & Learn capability across a broad range of companies.
- Financial performance data (e.g. sales by product by day or week) with a unique employee identifier
- Characteristics of your employees
- Local demographic data
- Weather data
- Gas prices
- Competitor locations
- Retail sales data for the areas immediately surrounding each location (from the APT Index)
- Other third party data sources